We have asparagus.. LOTS and LOTS of asparagus!!
I am giving it away and using it for other than “steamed with some butter on top”.
Asparagus SoupSaute in large pot:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- adding some salt, pepper, and turmeric (for the medicinal value)
- cut “lots” (1 pound+) into 1/2” pieces and add to onion (I just used whatever amount of asparagus I had)
- cook/steam for 5 minutes (with lid on)
- 5 cups broth (I used chicken broth)
- cook for 10 minutes, lid on and 10 minutes lid off
- carefully put mixture into blender and puree
- return to heat and adjust salt/pepper to taste
- add 1 small container of cream
- heat slowly, and add more broth/water if needed to get the desired thickness of soup
It was delicious, but judging by the colour, I could have used more asparagus. .. probably should have been greener
-- - Debbie, SW Ontario Canada (USDA Hardiness Zone: 5a)