The other day I tried a new recipe … a giant chocolate chip cookie, baked in a cast-iron frypan.
I’m loving my cast-iron pans, now that I’m getting them well-seasoned.
Ok.. the cookie1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Oil skillet and put in oven to preheat
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c butter
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla
6. Mix butter mixture into flour mixture7. Stir in
- 1.5 c chocolate chips
- 1 c chopped nuts (I used ground English Chestnuts)
8. Spread into skillet
9. Bake approximately 35 minutes >>> edges are browned
10. Remove skillet and let cool 20 minutes on wire rack.
11. Cut into small slices as you would a pie.
And I bet it tastes great with ice cream!
-- - Debbie, SW Ontario Canada (USDA Hardiness Zone: 5a)