I had a little of the mincemeat left over, after canning, so we did a taste test last night. YUMMY.
Rick wasn’t sure about “green tomato” anything but he tried it and he liked it.
I got this recipe from www.grouprecipes.com
Green Tomato Mincemeat
- 4 Pounds of Green Tomatoes,chopped (that’s about 10 cups)
- 1 Pounds of Brown Sugar (about 3 cups)
- 1 Pounds Raisins (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 Cup Vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Cloves
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- Place all the ingredients in a large heavy cooking pot.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly, to keep from scorching.
- Place in clean sterile canning jars while still hot. (I got 5 pints from this batch.)
- Place canning lid on jar.
- Place in hot bath,leave in boiling water about 10 minutes.
- Remove to cool.
I’m going to make some more today.
-- - Debbie, SW Ontario Canada (USDA Hardiness Zone: 5a)