January is a month of excitement as we anticipate all that the new year will bring us. It is also the month of our Winter Gardening Awards. 2009 brings us our 2nd Annual Awards event, here at GardenTenders, providing you an opportunity to showcase your gardening skills and enjoyment
The best part of this competition? There will be no designated jury of experts. You and your fellow GardenTenders will cast the votes. This creates a truly democratic voting process from our exceptional gardening community.
- The winner of awards will receive a free one-year subscription to a leading gardening magazine through Amazon.com. Winner may choose one of the following publications:
Amazon.com Magazine Shipping & Fulfillment: "The consumer, professional, and trade magazine subscriptions currently offered on Amazon.com can be shipped to any address within the 50 United States. At this time, we are unable to send magazine subscriptions to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. protectorates, or other destinations outside the U.S."
- Full color GardenTenders Gardening Journal.
- GardenTenders T-Shirt
Category: Indoor herb garden
For many of us, winter is a time when fresh vegetables are not available. However, with an indoor herb garden "fresh" is still at our fingertips. Create a windowsill herb garden that holds at least 2 different types of herbs. In your write-up share one of your favourite ways to use the herbs in your cooking.
- You may enter one project per category and you may enter the same project into multiple categories.
- By entering, you verify that your entry is your own creation (Note: GT.com is
NOT responsible for monitoring authenticity).
- Entry opens on January 1, 2009 at 6 AM CST and ends on January 31, 2009 at 3 PM CST.
- Voting opens on February 1, 2009 at 6 AM CST and ends on February 7, 2009 at 3 PM CST.
- Each vote must list top five entries per category in order. You cannot vote for your own entry. (Note: When you sign in to vote, you will not see your own entry listed.)
- You are allowed to vote only if you have at least one project listed on the GardenTenders.com.
- You can vote only once.
- Top gardeners will be those with the highest point scores following the voting system. (See point system below.)
- Award recipients will be required to provide their mailing address in order to receive their Award gifts.
- Winner will be announced on February 8, 2009 at 6 AM CST.
- Points will be assigned to each vote cast with the following values:
- 1st place: 5 points
- 2nd place: 4 points
- 3rd place: 3 points
- 4th place: 2 points
- 5th place: 1 point
- The Winner will be the member with the entry with the highest points.
- In case of a tie, the top honors will be given to the member with the most 1st place votes and if there is still a tie, the highest number of 2nd place will be the determining factor, and so on.
GardenTenders.com reserves the right to amend the rules at any time in case unanticipated circumstances arise.
GardenTenders.com is not responsible for authenticity of entries and/or voting outcome.